Wednesday, October 31, 2007

In the Land of the Severn

Having been encouraged by classmate Bruce to re-blog I commence to offer a faint snipet of Annapolis as one measure of my continued but often ephemerial existence on this side of the Big Pond. In other words: I ain't been bloggin' lately but I'm still here. While I'm on a brief respite at home before heading off-planet, I managed to get a couple of photographs near home. These are all taken about a five minute drive from my place and are on the shore of the Severn River across from Annapolis.

This first picture shows a view of the US Naval Academy. I made this photograph for a friend who wanted a b&w standard, conservative, militarily acceptable, classic view of the academy that he can hang in his naval academy office without some REALLY conservative, high-level, militarily acceptable muckety-muck getting all squinchy-faced over a justtoowayfarout artsy-fartsy picture. I believe I managed to capture what he wanted and he seemed very pleased. Lord knows this world does not need another squinchy-faced person.


The Annapolis area has bridges, too. Three of them are called the Severn River Bridge which locals distinguish as: 1. The Severn Bridge; 2. The Old Servern River Bridge; and, 3. The New Old Severn River Bridge. And we all understand which is which. Scary, eh? Well this one is a Below-the-Bridge shot of Bridge #3.


And here we have a view (Bridge #3 to my back and right side) of the River heading out to the Cheasapeake Bay. The sunset that evening was pretty great and then I decided to try some PhotoShop 'stuff' and turned it into a kind of photo/sketch media. I haven't been doing much with PS lately so I thought I'd give it a whirl. There's so many cool things one can do.


So, that's it for my first re-blogging in a while. I hope everyone is well and happy and shooting. Thank you, Bruce, for the blog prod!

No comments: