Wednesday, June 27, 2007

In The Land of Cairns

Cairns Australia is the gateway to the outter reef which is supposed to be a spectacular sight. I'm here on work, though, with not a whole lot of hope in getting beyond the meeting venues. So, I did what no photographer should do: I left home with only my little point and shoot camera. It's a Fuji FinePix, 6.3 mp.

It has been chilly and cloudy most of the week. I get up around 4:45 every morning to take a long walk because the days are packed with sitting in meetings and drinking waaaayyy too much coffee. Last night the clouds parted to show off the most spectacular sunset I've ever seen. I shot the amazing scene from my room's balcony. The sky was on fire in blue, red, orange and yellow. One could reach out and touch the colors.

This morning there was more wonderful light so my walk was less strenuous and more devoted to the sea and sky. Yes, oh yes, I wish I had my Canon 5D with me now!





No comments: